Thursday 10 April 2008

quick, sew!



After seeing the lovely job Kisskus did on her moses basket, I decided maybe I would have one too this time. I won the basket on ebay last week for a bargain £3.80, and immediately ordered myself some scrummy japanese fabric. I admit to blatantly copying the simple style of basket cover from kisskus, hope she doesnt mind. I also decided to make a miniquilt to go with it, using every last scrap of my japanese fabric, and joining it with some of my favourite green linen fabric, which goes on forever (but is hard to sew with, as it has so much movement.)I also stole the idea for the strip of patchwork down the quilt from someone in blogland, and when I rediscover who it was I shall ask their permission and give credit!! (was it you???!!!) so, in 2 days i completed this fun task, and I am pleased with how it turned out. All ready now!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Hannah it's beautiful ! Your baby will love it. ~ love Julia x (weirdbunny)

Unknown said...

Love the basket! What a treat for the baby! Any baby yet????

Beertje Zonn said...

The basket is beautiful!
Kind regards

Sonnja
Beertje Zonn

kristin said...

OH MY!! you're due any day now...nice prego shot :)

that basket looks like a dream. wish i had one for my little guy. and that quilt is absolutely scrumptous! i've seen several in blogland with that stripe...so it could be just about anyone...not (clumsy-with-a-sewing-machine) me though :)

thanks for visiting my blog and good luck with the final weeks!! xx

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

just beautiful

African Kelli said...

Goodness! Imitation is the highest form of flattery. That sweet basket is just beautiful. I'm sure Mirre would be flattered to see how you worked with her idea!

Good luck with the new babe on the way. You are in my thoughts!

Berber said...

The basket looks lovely!!
Did you get to use it already??
I'm thinking of you!