Tuesday, 5 June 2007

moving on with grandmothers quilt




I have been trying to get back into doing my grandmothers quilt applique, from Janet Boltons book, so this week I have done these two 'squares'. Funny how sometimes work grows on me, I started off doing the cat because I liked the look of that square, and was putting off the dog and sheep one, as I didn't like it much. I modelled the cat on 'Butterscotch'- our family cat when I was growing up. Now they are both done, I like the dog and sheep one much better.

The next square I am looking forward to doing as it is geese, and I love the movement it has. hopefully tonight.

7 comments:

Lucy Locket said...

Hi - those blocks are beautiful - and like you I think the dog and sheep one is the best - I just love the colours and how they work so harmoniously with each other. By the way, I finally worked out how to post my jb pictures to the flicker group yesterday. Lucy

Liz said...

These are so cute!

mimi k said...

These little quilts are wonderful! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment :-)

anamama said...

Love both equally!

weirdbunny said...

YOur dog is smazing !!!! Brilliant ... - love Julia x

melissa said...

what a sweet idea for a quilt! i love the wee cat.

Juliann in WA said...

Your blocks are wonderful. I love how they are finished around the edges. I need to do that to my Noah blocks. Are you going to put this one in a frame?