Thursday 8 November 2007

bonfire night week


On Monday I tried making toffee apples for the first time. They were delicious, I vaguely followed this recipe (I didnt watch the video so I dont know what its like, I just read the recipe) but I used Muscovado sugar instead of soft brown, and "butter me up' (!!!) instead of just plain butter, because that is what I had to hand. I also used red apples, which gave them a fantastic colour. They were good, The kids loved them, and Hubby declared them the best toffee apples he had ever tasted. I think the 'fake' butter, with veg oil in too, kept the toffee a little soft, and the muscovado sugar made them taste like treacle toffee. I shall be making more of these!

2 comments:

weirdbunny said...

I don't usually like home made toffee apples, as the toffee is brown not red like the shop ones. But your look just like shop ones all lovely and red ! I hope you made one for me too ..... yummy ~ Julia :}

Gina said...

Those look so delicious, wish you were here : )