Monday 7 August 2006

music for kids


because music is heard and not seen, here are some postcards I bought recently from paperchase for 10p each.

now, what I really wanted to tell you about is a great kids podcast called spare the rock, spoil the child that I discovered recently after much trawling through the Itunes lists. It is intended as kids music 'based on the radical notion that music for kids shouldn't make parents want to gouge out their ears'. as we have been driving about from place to place this summer and on the train we have been listening to this and it is great. go and listen and subscribe to the podcasts, a new one comes out weekly. They play they might be giants every show (remember little birdhouse in your soul???) who have now done kids cds not available in the UK though except on import, and lots of other cool stuff besides.

there are also some cool links on the site worth visiting too, my faves are I think small ages and the lovely Mrs Davis, both offer more insights into music for kids that is ok for parents to listen to too.

today is my 100th post, so first one to leave me a lovely message will get a parcel of yummy UK candy and chocolate!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like I am the first or the greediest. Happy 100th.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! :D

mig bardsley said...

Happy 100th :) Have a great blogday!

frangelita said...

Happy blogday! Darn it, too late for the chocolate:-)

weirdbunny said...

Your Hundreth post - congratulations Hannah!!!!

Amy said...

Happy 100th! My guys LOVE They Might Be Giants (as does their mother). Another one we've been enjoying is Dan Zane.

Anonymous said...

What great kid links - thanks! Congratulations on your 100th post :)

Ali said...

Happy hundredth! (How do you tell on blogger without counting them all?)

Amy said...

Congrats on your 100th post, and thanks for the mention!

mig bardsley said...

Hannah I just thought I'd let you know I've posted some of Peter's pics of the party.

Anonymous said...

...happy 100th and thanks for the link, and the mention to the kind Kiddley folks too.

Pity I missed out on the chocolate. Ella loves her some chocolate.