Saturday 12 August 2006

shrinky dink time wasting



please excuse the bad photos but it is 3am.

So, look what fun I have been havng with shrinky dink. I made a red riding hood bracelet and a bear/girls necklace. aren't they sweet, I found the images in some of my japanese craft books and just transferred them onto the shrinky dink, cooked them, and put them on 'leather' thongs.

I am supposed to be packing, we are going camping tomorrow (today!!!) in the morning anyhow, but I got distracted. There was a purpose to the beginning of the crafting, as I am to be doing a few workshops with the young people we are taking camping, and I wanted to remind myself how small shrinky dink shrinks for when we make pendants etc. I couldnt remember as all I have made recently is pins and they go very small!

So, I am very pleased with my results, ok, they could have been flatter, but I wasn't quick enough with the bread board on top as I pulled them out of the oven!! I am also going to have to find my pliers, as its gonna break my teeth fixing all those little metal rings on otherwise!!

Anyhow, must go and finish throwing things at my suitcase, did I mention its 3 am? and maybe (who knows) go get some sleep.

back in about a week xx

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so cute!!!! I love these!!! :D

Anonymous said...

These look great even for a 3am creation!

Enjoying your camping trip :)

Amy said...

The charms are so cute! Have fun camping too :).

frangelita said...

These are very cool and cute, I want one.

*whispers* what's shrinky dink

wv - youlir - not that I'm suggesting you're a liar or anything, but it made me giggle

weirdbunny said...

Hannah have fun on youth camp !!!
Can't beleive how much patience your going to need with all those teenagers !!!

I love your shrinky dinks, please make me loads of them... thankyou...

Megan said...

They're very sweet! Good job. Brilliant job for 3am!

Anonymous said...

Ohh thrill thrill what is shrinky dink, something I haven't heard of but looks like such fun to play with. Please tell me where to buy it! I live in Ireland so UK source would be fine.

I love your photos, talent.

vintagechica said...

Oh have a wonderful time and I love your shrinky dink necklace. Ive gotta try that with my monkeys! We never tire of "skrinky dints".

Anonymous said...

Those are completely, completely fantastic. ACK!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoops - that last one was from me.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, i so so so so like these!

Sam said...

They scream "Moomins" at me for some reason! Gorgeous.

anamama said...

You must, must teach me how to make these at Christmas.