Tuesday 19 September 2006

shes got lovely legs


these are the legs of my month of softies project for september. I really love the stripes and the shape of the legs. (there is a pattern if you follow that link). However, there is a problem with these legs...


thats right, they have no body! I have one cut out of the spotty fabric they are laid upon, but I am not sure if it works in real life, although it goes pretty well in this dodgy night-time photo. so, it is a work in progress, I have also sewn arms but i dont like them, I used the same stripey fabric, I did the arms first, but i think they need to be different to the legs. I haven't managed to do the month of softies for a while now, and I am determined to sort out these niggles and get this one up there. it seems slow, but I am hand sewing (teeny stitches), its the only way for these narrow limbs!

In other news, look what I bought today, new cereal/dessert bowls. lovely and green (to match my kitchen walls behind! ) and they were in the sale, so I bought 6. I do need them, as recently my kitchen drawer fell out, taking with it the whole pile of bowls from the cupboard underneath, I caught the drawer but all the bowls fell and most of them smashed on the hard floor. I have been mostly using the kids plastic bowls but they are really horrible.


They are gisela graham ones, I didnt realise this until I got home. I had planned to go back and buy the whole set(or get them put away!), but on the bottom they also say 'hand wash only' oh-oh maybe not then. My dishwasher is very gentle....

Also, I think I might be ill tomorrow, I have been shivery for two days and tonight I feel decidedly rough, uurgh. and I have to go and make the kids lunch boxes now heave so book me a sick day for tomorrow (oh I wish mums could phone in sick) please?

5 comments:

weirdbunny said...

Those legs are just the best.

Gina said...

Those are so cute! Can't wait to see what you end up with. Pretty green bowl!

Anonymous said...

Those legs need to be left just as they are, so they can be danced like you do with spoons. Do you know what I mean or am I a mentalist? :-)

Unknown said...

pretty legs!!

Amy said...

The legs are lovely and from the pic they look great with the dotted fabric. Can't wait to see how she turns out!

Hope you're feeling better now and yes, wouldn't it be nice if we could call in sick every now and then?