Saturday 30 September 2006

every morning


I can wake up to this. lovely isn't it. I bought this hand-sewn quilt from ebay (had to fight for it!!) a couple of years ago, and initially had it on the bed, but one day I decided to hang it at the window and it has been there ever since.


I love the way the light shines through like stained glass, even on a dull day (It was raining outside when I took the photos). I am not sure of its age, but some of the fabrics look pretty vintage, it is lined so I hope it will not fade too much, and I think I get so much pleasure from looking at it that it is worth having it there, better than being in a cupboard where no one can see it. I love how you can see the turned-in seams and how it is made up with the light shining through, and of course all those vibrant colours.



I have taken some pics of the turquoise parts for this weeks year of colour photographs, and these are some of the quilt top without light shining through.

12 comments:

frangelita said...

That's goegeous - really beautiful

Anonymous said...

lucky you! that is beautiful - and a great idea to hang it on the window!

syko kajsa said...

It looks beautiful in the window!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty :)

Claudia said...

It´s beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It's such a cute quilt and it does look so luminescent with the morning sun through it.
I must say that Bea is a most beautiful softie gal too.

Thanks for visiting my blog btw.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful- a stained-glass window-quilt!
Well worth the fight on ebay.

Gina said...

Wow, I really like that. Those shapes are so interesting. I bet that's harder to make than squares because it has more sides.... very pretty.

Berber said...

Beautiful quilt and photos!!

African Kelli said...

Very pretty! And you are right -- it is an urban thrifty way to have stained glass that is soft and easily washed!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the quilt over your window, every time I visist you I want to quickly take it down, put it in my bag and leave before you've noticed it's missing!!!

Dana said...

This quilt is way cool! I do love the way the light shines through. I agree with you, I would rather have the quilt out and enjoy than hidden away to last forever. Beautiful!