Wednesday 15 March 2006

White duck eggs



Yesterday I didn't get around to posting, I spent the day at my friends house, and she gave me these lovely eggs that her ducks had laid as I left. My friend lives halfway up a mountain (well, a very big hill) and once I have made the climb up to her house I always enjoy visiting. She has ducks and chickens, bunnies and a dog that barks at me.

In the winter when I visit we sit and chat in front of her cozy woodburning stove, we talk about the various things we are making and swap ideas. We like to look at lots of books and magazines, and scrap books with cuttings in, and of course there is always coffee to drink and cake to eat.

In the summer it is even better, as we can sit out in her garden, by the summer house or up on the deck beyond the vegetable garden and raspberry canes. Sometimes we even sit in the wooden playhouse which has a good vantage point over the children as they play and is a real suntrap. Yesterday however was drizzly, so we stayed inside.



She gave me this crochet egg, to go on my easter tree when I get it up, and a little strawberry dangly thingy, some stickers and some hand-me-down clothes for my daughter.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

What a lovely photo. My sons love duck eggs!