Thursday 30 March 2006

Exciting book purchases

I have made two exciting purchases today, the first was from a charity shop. It has lovely illustrations and I wonder if I may have even owned this book as a child as it looks sort of familiar. the book was given to someone originally for christmas in 1979 according to a handwritten inscription on the first page.



The second book was also a bargain, in the sales, and is a desk diary for this year (I know, I know, its nearly April!) but it was really cheap, and I have had my eye on it for some time. It contains photographs by Yann Arthus-Bertrand from his Earth from the Air project, which I first heard of several years ago, so I am sure many of you will already be familiar with it. If you aren't go and take a look as there are some amazing photographic images and a strong environmental message of sustainable development.



While I was in town I also had to visit Thorntons and buy chocolates. These are what I bought, Continental Summer collection.



Why?
because yesterday I did a terrible thing, I forgot my Mums birthday.

I must go now and make her a card to accompany her chocs.

No comments: